Saturday, February 7, 2015

Introductory Biography

Stealing Elle Fox's phrase, I am an old soul who does not like to talk about my own sexual history or experience.  Although the term "old soul" does not necessarily relate to being private, I attribute part of why I am like that to being an old soul.  I do not think I aspire to work with couples exclusively.  However, I think this class will force me to be more open with sexuality and talking about it with others, which will only be an asset to my career as an LMFT.  In addition to learning about how sexuality affects others and the world around me, this class will allow me to look at myself as a sexual being whether I like it or not.  My hope is that when I become a parent, I will not react like this when my children ask about sexuality.  I also hope that this class helps me to be open to it at all times with my children so that they can come to me when they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment